This year we are co-hosting the Forum with Gambling Research Exchange Ontario (GREO). The forum focus is “bringing together clinicians and community partners to reduce harms from gambling and gaming”.
Whether you have been supporting people with gambling problems for years or you are new to the field, changes in the gambling landscape, emerging technologies, the blurring of gaming and gambling, and new insights into concurrent disorders all indicate a need for updated approaches to treatment and community engagement.
Highlights of this year’s event include:
Dr. Carlo C. DiClemente, PhD, ABPP
Applying the Transtheoretical Model of Change to Gaming and Gambling Issues
- Promising Practices in Addressing Problematic Gambling and Concurrent Challenges
- Current Trends in Youth Gambling, Gaming, Technology Use and Cannabis – Implications for Youth Support Stakeholders
Community Stream breakout sessions:
- Introduction to Behavioural Addictions
- Understanding Gambling Harms in Context
- Developing Evidence-Based Strategies to Reduce Gambling Harm
Clinical Stream breakout sessions:
- Screening, Brief Intervention, and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT) in Problem Gambling
- Working across Sectors to Improve Access to Gambling Treatment for Diverse Populations
- Adult Attachment and Addictions: Gambling, Gaming and Technology Use
Diana Tikasz, MSW, RSW
Refilling the Well – How to Stay Healthy and Compassionate while Doing Challenging Work
The registration fee is $145*. To register,
click here. Refreshments, breakfast and lunch will be provided for both days of the Forum. Registration will close on May 1st.
The Responsible Gambling Council is offering a special discounted conference rate for delegates attending the Gambling and Gaming Harms: Ontario Professional Development Forum. Attendees of the Forum can purchase a 1-day pass to DISCOVERY 2019 for $350. Use code GGTU when registering. Email
firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm date of attendance.
For an additional $75.00, delegates can also attend one complimentary learning session and Discovery’s opening reception. Email
email@example.com for more details.
*Registration fees are non-refundable.